March, 2019 InFRE Update: Revision to Current CRC® Certification Self-Study Continuing Education Credit Quiz Requirement
The CRC® Board of Standards and Policy Development recently adopted a change to the number of assessment questions required for self-study continuing education (CE) credit. Effective April 1, 2019, the number of assessment questions required has been changed from ten questions per full CE hour to five questions per CE hour and three questions for additional half-hour increments. The purpose of the reduction in assessment questions required is to align with recently established financial planning industry and certification program best practice.
As of the effective date, self-study program CE credit must meet the following requirements:
- CE credit will be based on the average completion time of the program. A minimum of 50 minutes of completion time is required for 1 hour of CE credit. Additional half-hour increments will be accepted after the first hour has been completed.
- Program must include an exam/quiz graded by the sponsor and the Certificant must attain a passing grade of 70% or better.
- The exam/quiz must contain at least 5 questions per course hour and 3 questions for additional half-hour increments.
- No credit will be granted for an exam/quiz with less than 5 questions.
- True-false and fill-in-the blank questions are not acceptable question formats.
You may access past Retirement InSight issues in the side bar of this page. The number of assessment questions for all 2018-19 issues have been reduced to reflect the new policy.
Read the entire issue to receive CE!
This article is part of the most recent issue of Retirement Insight and Trends, worth 1 hr CFP®, CRC®, ASPPA, CLU®, ChFC®, CASL and other CE.
Print and share
Read other past issues! (CE available for 2020 and 2019 issues)
- 2019 3rd Qtr Issue
- 2019 2nd Qtr Issue
- 2019 1st Qtr Issue
- 2018 4th Qtr Issue
- 2018 3rd Qtr Issue
- 2018 2nd Qtr Issue
- 2018 1st Qtr Issue
- 2017 4th Qtr Issue
- 2017 3rd Qtr Issue
- 2017 2nd Qtr Issue
- 2017 1st Qtr Issue
- 2016 4th Qtr Issue
- 2016 3rd Qtr Issue
- 2016 2nd Qtr Issue
- 2016 1st Qtr Issue
- 2015 4th Qtr Issue
- 2015 3rd Qtr Issue
- 2015 2nd Qtr Issue
- 2015 1st Qtr Issue