July, 2016 InFRE Update: The CRC® Exam is Now Offered via Computer Based Testing
Starting with the July administration of the CRC® comprehensive examination, Candidates will be able to take the exam at computer based testing centers. InFRE is partnering with PSI and their network of over 300 testing centers nationwide. Computer based testing provides a more efficient and secure method for exam administration and is part of a two year effort to enhance the process of becoming CRC® certified.
This change will increase the integrity and efficiency of the CRC® Certification process by:
- Bringing the CRC® certification current with industry standards
- Instantly providing students with their exam results
- Increasing convenient testing locations options for Candidates
- Decreasing the risk of exam security breaches.
Exam Rescheduling and Refund Policy
Computer based testing allows InFRE to offer a more Candidate-friendly exam rescheduling and refund policy. Effective immediately, candidates unable to sit for the CRC® Examination who have paid their exam fee and then subsequently wish to cancel their Exam Date, may reschedule their exam or request an exam fee refund as follows:
- When cancelling an exam two or more days before their scheduled Exam Date, the Candidate may reschedule their exam for no additional fee or request an exam fee refund, less a $50 processing fee. To avoid a rescheduling or cancellation fee, the exam must be cancelled by 7pm Eastern Time two days prior to the scheduled Exam Date.
- When the Candidate does not cancel or reschedule their exam two days or more before their scheduled Exam Date, or when the Candidate does not show for their scheduled exam time, the Candidate may reschedule their exam after paying a $150 rescheduling fee or request an exam fee refund, less a $150 cancellation fee.
It is the Candidate’s responsibility to know and understand the CRC® eligibility policy as stated in Section 3.1 of the Certified Retirement Counselor® (CRC®) Program Policies Manual. No refunds will be granted when a Candidate fails to meet the eligibility requirements.
Other past issues (earn CE for 2018 and 2017 issues)