November, 2011 InFRE Update
This is the first issue of the re-launch of InFRE’s quarterly newsletter for our retirement counseling professionals. Each issue will provide you with the opportunity to earn 1 free CE upon successful passage of the related CE exam. Just visit the link here or on the right menu bar, “Continuing Education Exams.”
Speaking of CE, the last quarter of each year is a time when many professionals like you seek resources to further develop your professional knowledge and skills, and meet annual certification continuing education (CE) requirements. InFRE and the InFRE Retirement Resource Center (IRRC) now have many retirement-specific courses available in print, downloadable PDF, elearning, and MP3 formats to help you further your retirement expertise. New courses will regularly be added in the future, so check back often!
Remember, when you purchase CE through InFRE to meet CRC® renewal requirements, credits earned are reported to InFRE for FREE for CRC® credit. CFP® and state insurance CE reporting (where available) are also available for an additional reporting fee.
Here’s a current list of CRC® CE opportunities:
1. NEW! Many of InFRE’s downloadable PDF courses and the IRRC’s elearning courses are now approved for CFP® CE. Available in length from 60 minutes (1 CE) to 12 CE hours on topics ranging from retirement readiness to income management, these courses are perfect for keeping your retirement skills up to date. Learn more here.
2. InFRE’s ethics courses are now available in print, elearning, or audio MP3 formats to help you meet your CRC® bi-annual ethics requirement. Learn more here.
3. Looking for continuing education that also helps you meet state insurance CE requirements? InFRE has launched the InFRE University with RegEd for those Certificants with state insurance CE needs. We’ve selected dozens of RegEd retirement-related courses good for CRC®, CFP® and state insurance CE. Find InFRE® courses also available for state CE credit here.
4. NEW! A multi-year revision is complete, and the 3rd edition of InFRE’s four-part Retirement Plan Administrator Series for public sector professionals is now ready for purchase! Each course is worth 15 CRC® and 7.5 CFP® continuing education credits. The content is newly revised and refocused to meet the professional development needs of public sector retirement plan administrators, trustees and plan sponsors. NAGDCA members receive additional cost savings with member coupon code available from NAGDCA. Learn more here.
5. NEWLY UPDATED! The 5th edition of the four study guides for the Certified Retirement Counselor® program is now available. We’ve added new content on two-earner household Social Security strategies, solo 401(k), long-term and elder care, retirement income, and other topics. Each guide is worth for 15 CRC® CE and 7.5 CFP® CE. State insurance CE varies by state. Learn more here.
6. Save on Financial Planning Association (FPA) elearning courses. InFRE’s special arrangement allows CRCs® to purchase Virtual Learning Center courses at a 15% discount. Sign in to the CRC® Certificant login page now for the discount code and link to purchase. Courses also meet your CRC® continuing education requirements.
Archive – CE available with all 2018 and 2017 issues
Other past issues (earn CE for 2018 and 2017 issues)