The International Foundation for Retirement Education® (InFRE) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1997 with the help of the National Association of Government Defined Contribution Administrators (NAGDCA) and the National Pension Education Association (NPEA), to address the tremendous retirement challenge facing the mid-market. InFRE is headquartered on the campus of our third founding partner, Texas Tech University, the leading financial planning university in the country.
InFRE exists solely to help retirement counselors and administrators increase the retirement preparedness of the American worker. With InFRE, professionals from the many different aspects of the retirement industry (private sector or public sector, defined benefit, defined contribution or IRAs, retail or institutional, university professor or students) have access to quality education and tools so they can assist employees and clients with retirement preparedness. This way, everyone can face a more secure future.
- Protect the general public by advancing recognition among retirement planning professionals of the need for accredited professional certification for retirement counselors, professional continuing education, and adherence to a code of ethics.
- Provide an ongoing forum for industry, government and educators to be the voice and identifier of retirement risks and realities for the benefit of the mid-market.
- Contribute to both national and family economic security by increasing awareness of the need for individual and family personal responsibility in retirement planning on the part of individuals and families.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Providing the most effective and accredited retirement-specific certification, certificate and professional development courses and training materials in the industry
- Providing educational tools that apply research-based methods for retirement professionals to use when teaching and counseling the American worker to achieve retirement security.
- Being the leading identifier and voice for professional and employee retirement education issues that need to be addressed by financial services firms, employers, advisors, and consumers/employees
- Being a “go to” industry resource for retirement income management professional continuing education, methodology and tools
- Being a leading preparer of qualified higher education retirement planning graduates
Our curriculum includes research-based planning models and methods to objectively prepare:
- Retirement professionals/advisors
- Plan sponsors, plan trustees, benefits counselors, human resource professionals
- Representatives of retirement product and service providers
- University personal financial planning program students
Archive – CE available with all 2019 and 2018 issues
- 2019 2nd Qtr Issue
- 2019 1st Qtr Issue
- 2018 4th Qtr Issue
- 2018 3rd Qtr Issue
- 2018 2nd Qtr Issue
- 2018 1st Qtr Issue
- 2017 4th Qtr Issue
- 2017 3rd Qtr Issue
- 2017 2nd Qtr Issue
- 2017 1st Qtr Issue
- 2016 4th Qtr Issue
- 2016 3rd Qtr Issue
- 2016 2nd Qtr Issue
- 2016 1st Qtr Issue
- 2015 4th Qtr Issue
- 2015 3rd Qtr Issue
- 2015 2nd Qtr Issue
- 2015 1st Qtr Issue
Other past issues (earn CE for 2019 and 2018 issues)